Friday, January 12, 2007

Asparaus Leek soup


I have never got leek in my house! Always saw recipes usuing this, but somehow never bought it! This time when I saw it, I just picked it up saying I will make soup out of it.. not knowing if I could actually do it. But as I picked it up, I though of teh asparagus lying in the fridge and just thought of a recipe on the spur!

Hubby dear didnt like it much coz the soup has a bland taste. However I liked it.. with a lil pepper it gives it the needed spice... I will make it but only for moi :)

Ingredients:
3-4 chopped cloves of garlic
1 stalk of celery chopped
6 asparagus, cut into pieces (discard the woody stems)
2-3 leaves of leek
1/2 of a small potato
Salt
Fresh ground pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Method:
  • In a hot pot, saute garlic and celery in the oil till it releases a lovely aroma.
  • Add asparagus, leek and potato. Saute for a min.
  • Add the stock and let ti come to a boil.
  • Lower the heat to medium and let it simmer till the potato is cooked.
  • Let it cool a bit and grind to a smooth paste in a blender.
  • In the same pot, add some more garlic n celery (gives a nice crunch while having the soup) and add the soup and let it simmer for 5 mins.
  • Serve and garnish with mint leaf.
  • Enjoy it as is or with some garlic bread.
Serves: 2

No comments: